Saturday, August 16, 2008

Am I Wierd?

Ok, so am I wierd? Before you answer that, let me preface it.....I noticed that we had an abundance of bulk foods stacking up in the garage. A light bulb went on and I had an idea. I made some phone calls and got a hold of the canner our stake lends out. Then, I went to the cannery and bought some #10 cans, lids, boxes and such.....I love going there.....I am not even sure why I like it so much, but I do. Anyway, we spent most of Friday afternoon and evening canning our bulk foods...flour, wheat, sugar, rice, potatoes, dry milk, etc...IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. I could have just exploded with excitement-no seriously, that's not an exaggeration. Bart thinks I am a total dork and was baffled at how excited I was to accomplish such a cool task. So the question is..........am I wierd that I find so much joy and excitement in the cannery and canning food?

1 comments:

5littlenordstroms said...

Well if that is considered weird you'll have to include me. I love food storage stuff. I personally don't think it is weird at all. Way to go being prepared. By the way my baby ticker came off because I was thinking about redoing my blog but didn't get around to it. I'll try and get it back on there soon. Hope you are all doing well. Love ya!