Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bitterroot Slip & Slide

Well, these pictures are a little out of order but you'll get the idea. This is called a Bitterroot slip & slide. While at the Lake on Tuesday, we decided to have a BBQ on Wednesday with some great friends. The Howards were kind enough to open their home and yard to a whole lotta-maddness! So Deidre and I got the brilliant idea to make a slip and slide down one of the hills in their yard.

These are the water slide testers. They were the first down to make sure it was all good. So, it's fun and then Deidre decides to make it funner!

Deidre says we need to add soap to make it more slippery. We also added cooking oil. About 9:00 at night the first bottle of soap ran out and they busted out with another one.

Like I said, these pictures are out of order so this is the making of the Bitterroot slip & slide. When you call something Bitterroot it just means you did whatever needed to be done to get it finished. Hence, using piles of lawn clippings to hold the corners down! :)

NOW, for the fun stuff. All the kids were getting turns going down the slide and oh what a fun time they were all having when I said, "enough" I grabbed Deidre's hand and marched her to the top and on our bellies and into the grass we went.

Krista & Deidre down the water slide.

Krista striking the "superstar" pose receiving applause for the magnificent and graceful landing. Oh and that's Deidre still trying to get up after the slide.

Sarah and Christopher were troopers and kept on going even into the late evening hours with blue lips, shivering and still smiling. MacKenna and Garrett quit after about two slides each. It was close to 10:00 pm before we called it quits and thought it best to shower kids and put them to bed. We all had a blast.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun I want to do that so bad!!

Barnes Blog said...

So fun!!!!I am like Linds, I want to do that so bad, although I keep forgetting that I'm prenant and can't land on my belly like that.
What a fun trip too. I love trips, we just got back from Nauvoo and I already want to leave again. I love traveling and enjoying new things and new places. Next I want to go camping.