Monday, October 20, 2008

Girls Temple Day

So, we made plans to have a girl's temple day in Rexburg, Idaho and here we are. I was up at 4 am and ready to go by 445 when Deidre said she wanted to be gone. We were at Tara's house in plenty of time then off to pick up Jen. Jen is NOT a morning person so kudos to Jen for being out the door in a timely manner. We stopped at the Lone Pine Conoco to get some drinks and snacks when Jen realized that she did not have her purse with her.....No money, license, recommend, etc...We turned around and trucked it back up Skalkaho to get her purse. We were 45 minutes behind schedule but it's all good. We were all sharing our stories about how, in our minds, we tried to justify why each of us shouldn't go. It's so easy to make excuses. I'm thankful we didn't listen to that inner demon and we all went.



And speaking of "went" this is a great picture of us putting up a makeshift bathroom so we could go. I got the best picture of Tara peeing and told her that it would be on my blog and then I had second thoughts when it came time to put the pics on here. Love her too much to post that picture. It will come in handy around Christmas, I'm sure.

This is Deidre taking pictures of us flashing our backsides to freeway traffic...but we had to go and there was no other place to stop.

This is Jen and Tara, they were putting their make up on in the car. We had plenty of laughter and silly moments on this road trip.

This is us outside the temple. We had a great time. It was a super experience with some great friends.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you. I really do take advantage of having a Temple so close. I miss you so much.

Ashley said...

How far of a drive is that for you?

Kelsey said...

yay friends. how did you meet these people? love u miss u.

Barnes Blog said...

I am so jealous, I haven't been to the Temple in so long it's embarrassing and deppressing. I so know that inner demon very well. Anyway, love ya man.

Krista said...

Hey Ash...It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive. Sadly it's closer than the temple in Montana but man it's sure a fun drive when you're with great people. It wasn't bad.

Krista said...

Hi Kelsey love! I knew them when we lived here before. Jen and Tara are two women who amaze me. I spoke at their baptism in 2005 which was super cool. Miss you love you. Um, boy news?

The Hansen Family said...

Looks like so much fun! You didn't even invite me :)

Yeah so, that's even better, you just change it for me. I'm looking for something kind of fallish... :)

Miss you

The Hansen Family said...

Don't you guys want to come down here for $29 each way!!!!! We would have SO much fun! Next time they have the $29 fare with good dates from here to there, I PROMISE we will come up. We miss you guys like crazy. :( :( :( :( (That's all os us)