Thursday, January 15, 2009

Big Fat Wimp!

Ok, so I've been toying with the idea of letting the kids ride the bus. It's been such a struggle to find the kids rides to school when Bart and I have to be to work before 7 am. So I talked to a few friends (ones that I trust their opinion) who have kids that ride the bus. We have a new service who took over transportation for the district and I have heard great things. So, I called the dude at the bus barn and let him know my fears (big fat wimp) and told him I wanted to try it on a day that I was home to see them off (big fat wimp). So today, we were up, dressed, fed and prettied up in record time to meet the bus out front. The kids got on the bus and off they went. The sad part is.....I didn't even feel bad! I cleaned the family room, threw in a load of laundry, played 3 rounds of Wii bowling (hey, I had to beat my high score) and even worked out. Yeah me! One small step for me, one giant step for the kiddos. What a fantabulous morning!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Wow that was a big step for you. Love you lots.

The Williamson's said...

ha ha That's funny. Good For you! Love ya

Anonymous said...

Good job! That is a big growing process. Sometimes it is just nice to have the extra few minutes in the day to know that the kids will be there soon and you have a few more minutes of work to do...

Kelsey said...

I WANT TO PlAY!!!