Thursday, January 1, 2009

When It Looks Like This...

What is there to do when it looks like this outside? It was a cold, slushy, rainy snow day and we made the most of it. We cleaned the whole house (ok, not so fun) and then invited our good friends over to sled, play Wii and have a potluck dinner. Until they came over, the kids found ways to entertain themselves. We did have a blast outside. Soaking wet. Like 40 shoes and coats outside our door. Garrett rocked the snowboard today. I was totally impressed by his mad skills. I will post some snowboard pictures in the next few days.


Thank goodness for sledding hills right in our yard. We had a great time playing in the snow and when we got too cold and too wet, we just stripped off our clothes and got warmed up inside the house.

Sarah had a fun time playing in the flower garden tent, waiting for our guests to arrive. She said, "Mom, you can't see the mess inside the tent can you?" I assured her that no one can see all her goods inside the tent.....and it IS a MESS.


This is Garrett and Critter inside their "go-kart" in the basement. They too were waiting for the guests to arrive and found a great way to pass the time away. They even had a roll-over accident and a three basket pile up in the family room. I don't think they were wearing seatbelts. :)











2 comments:

Kelsey said...

yah i just got back to provo... freezing!! looks like fun. oh and so jealous of sarah's net. ugh. love u tons and miss u guys. oh and ps we had a fun hangover too ha ha that darn martinelli's

The Hansen Family said...

Hey Stranger!!

So yes, not only have I not been posting but I have also not been reading for several weeks. Primary was kicking my butt throughout December along with all of the usual December madness. I bought gifts for all of your kids but was hoping to get Garrett's badges to send in the box. It was the Fourth time I've called "a certain someone" and I just can't get any answers out of her. Do you remember what they were for? I think I'm just going to the Council shop myself and I'll turn in the recipt. Mmmhmmmfffrrrggh frag-baggin-schren-derrfrmmmmm..... So needless to say, it's looking like it's going to be more of a Valentine's day package.

Anyway, I got caught up on your page today and it looks like your Christmas was fun! We got snowed in at the ski resort in Utah and barly ventured outside. :) I'm planning to update my blog tomorrow after church (8:30-11:30 now, yikes!) becuase I have Sharing Time tomrrow and I really should be working on it right now. :)
I miss you so much! We rented season for of LOST last night so we can get caught up before the new season starts. The first time Sun called for her "Jin Sushi" I almost cried.:) Kiss your kiddos for me and tell Sarah I can't wait to play in her flower tent with her in July!

Hope to talk to you soon!