Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cha Ching

Okay, so anyone who knows me knows that I love to go to garage sales. I'm crazy for a super great bargain and these last two weekends were no exception. All I can say is chaaaa-ching or in the profound words of Napolean Dynamite....."LUCKY" Some of the super great deals I spotted were:
$1.00 for a Black & Decker bread maker (yes, it works like a dream)
$3.00 for a Dirt Devil Spot Scrubber (almost new)
$3.00 for a complete serving set and dinner set (for 8) of Japanese Vintage bone china
$7.50 for a pretty decent (clean) love seat, which I was able to spiffy up with my new Spot Scrubber!!!
4 pair of name brand (really nice and clean) jeans for Garrett for .50 cents (not .50 cents each, .50 cents for all 4 pair)
$2.00 for 2 pair of winter gloves AND true snow boots for MacKenna and Garrett

And the best bargain of all......the Mother of all amazing garage sale bargains........look down!



A Sony 42" console T.V.
So the story goes that the owner of the T.V. kept trying to tell Bart that the TV needed to be professionally serviced and that the picture was dark but still viewable. She thought for sure the bulbs needed to be replaced. We were leary as was had replaced a TV bulb at Christmas time for $318 on our flat screen TV. She was asking $100 for the TV and as Bart expressed his concern for the situation, she told him he could have the TV for $50.00. We agreed and loaded her up.
Once we got home we realized the TV was too big to fit through our tiny farm house kitchen door. We unscrewed the back of the TV (to fit it through the door) and noticed the 3 inch layer of dust on all of the projecion bulbs. After a quick "scrub" down and a little TLC, the TV was plugged in, turned on and the picture is crystal clear and works like a champ!!! We were so excited to have such a find! Hallelujah for garage sales.

9 comments:

Empy Nesters said...

Well that was a great find "lucky" you. I used to do garage sales and havent done one for quite a while maybe when the weather cools down I will go for it again. You will have a furnished house for just about nothing:) We missed you this weekend the baptism was great!

Unknown said...

That is so cool. That is why I wanted you to go garage shopping with me because you always know where to look but no you never went with me thanks alot. Well maybe we can go when I come visit someday

Kelsey said...

LUCKY! Man I am jealous teach me yoda of the garage sales!

The Williamson's said...

You are so good at that! You always find the best stuff :) I called you back but talked to dad I hope you got my text after. Thanks for looking for stuff for little Liberty :) Love you!

Barnes Blog said...

Holy CRAP!!! I want a garage sae like that. Here people try and sell you doggy stair for fifty bucks, saying they are solid oak. Who cares, their doggy steps!!!! Anywho, we have found some pretty cool stuff, but have been so broke that we can't even afford Garage sales...poo on that. I love my garage sales.

Barnes Blog said...

I'm not sure if my other comment went through, but I keep forgetting to tell you that you have the wrong blogspot address for us. It's barnesblog07.blogspot.com.

Love ya man!

Barnes Blog said...

Ok, I am so confused. When did you move and why? I am so out of the loop here.

Jill said...

That was a way cool deal. Garage sales are the best. It looks like you are getting settle in. We miss you lots.

The Hansen Family said...

Nice work Bargin Queen!! I've never had the patience, not to ention the whole early morning thing...
Anyway, I meandered through your neighborhood and stopped at your house to reminisce *sigh* and noticed a package on your doorstep. It's from Wu-Yi Source. I thought maybe I'd wait until I get Garrett's badges and send them all together. If it's something you want sooner than that, let me know and I'll send it now.
Hope your first real day at work was as full of blood and guts as you've dreamed it would be!

Jenny
P.S. Nichole had her babies yesterday and Chad already posted pictures on her blog. Of course they're squished and adorable.